Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Princess Bride

The Princess Bride is one of the funniest movies that I have ever seen. It is an old family favorite and even my little brothers love it.

The Princess Bride was based off of a book and is about Buttercup and Wesley, two people who have fallen in love. Because Wesley has no money for marriage, he goes off to work at sea, but is killed in a raid by "The Dread Pirate Roberts." Buttercup lost the will to live after hearing the news. After many years, she is chosen by Prince Humperdink to be his bride. Buttercup did not love him, but one day, when taking a ride on her horse, she is kidnapped by three oddballs, Inigo the swordsman, Fezzik the Giant, and Vizzini, a man trying to start a war between two neighboring countries. After a while, they realized that they are being chased by a man in black. After he defeats Inigo and Fezzik, he kills Vizzini in a battle of wits to save Buttercup. After killing Vizzini, he reveals himself to be Wesley, but sadly there is still Humperdink in the way of he and Buttercup's love. Watch the movie to find out how it all ends, and to laugh for about 98 minutes!

Tonight, my neighbor is coming over to watch with my brothers and I. Also, tomorrow is the last day of school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm leaving for camp this Saturday.

3 comments:

Anna said...

I love this movie! I stuck it on my birthday list today...and I can't wait to read the book! I started it once, but I never finished it. I don't really remember it being boring, but I was younger then. I had a hard time sticking to long books when I was younger. The book is very good. Cannot wait to get it and read it all the way through! What is Epic?

Brian said...

It really is a great movie. My friend and I just finished watching it. I haven't read the book though. I will write a post about Epic tomorrow, the 13th.

Harrybear said...

hahah i love this movie too
they made a game that coming out June 18th and rightnow they are holding a drawing contest with a bunch of cool prizes
check it out if you want
ill post the link
princessbridegame.com