Saturday, June 7, 2008

FARWORLD WRITING CONTEST

I just finished reading my ARC of Farworld: Water Keep last night and it was phenomenal. I cannot wait for book 2. Sadly, I'll have to.

Either way, now that I've finished, I'll post the rules of my contest for someone to win a copy of Farword from J Scott Savage. Starting today, I'll be having a Writing Contest. Since Farworld is a fantasy book and because I love reading fantasy, to enter, you must write a short description of any fantastical creature. It can either be one that already exists (that doesn't mean that you can copy the description out of the book that the creature's in) or it can be one that you make up (I prefer those. Much more original.) The paragraph that I like the best wins a copy of Farworld. To send me a paragraph, email it to me at briantillinger at cs dot com. (Sorry, just piece that together.) You can send me the paragraph any time between today, June 7th, and some time in early July (I'll post the exact date soon.) You get that long because I'll be at camp for most of that time. In the email, you must also include your name and your blog URL. Also, it would be helpful if you would post a comment saying that you sent the paragraph.

Also, sadly there are rules about where the ARC can be sent. It can only be sent to adresses in the US or Canada. (Those aren't my rules. Scott said that they couldn't be sent to anywhere other than the US or Canada.) Luckily, J Scott Savage also said that he would hold a contest sometime for people in other countries to win one. Well, those are all of the rules. Good Luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Brian,

I'm a new reader of your blog. You'll be hearing from me from now on so be prepared.

I like reading fantacy books too. I like reading anything that's fiction.I like writing too.I've written a few short stories.

The reason I'm commenting on your blog is because I want to recomend some books you might like. I sure like them.They're my favorite besides the Harry Potter series.

Oh and you better prepare yourself, this will be long.

The first on is the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson. It doesn't deal with magic, but science. It's about six kids who were kidnapped when they were babies. They were taken to a science lab/prison called the "school" and experimented on. Now they are 98% human 2% bird. They've got WINGS implanted on their backs.

Max,Fang,and Iggy are 14.Max is the oldest,a GIRL,the leader,and the teller of the story.

The others are Nudge(8),Gasman(8),and Angel(6).Max was made for a resone.She was made to save the world from those who are trying to destroy it.Can she do it?

These books are sarcastic and lol funny!

The other series is the Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz. All I can say is that it is about a 14-year-old spy named Alex Rider who works for the MI6 in London,England. He doesn't want to be a spy but he's always finding himself in save-the-world situations.These books are pure adventure.Non-stop action.The events in the book are unbelievable, unpredictable, totally impossible,and completely awesome!!!

Okay, too long comment. I'm gonna leave now. But seriously, if you get a chance read these books.

-FlockFan97724

Brian said...

Thanks FlockFan! I have already had these suggested to me, so I'll move them higher on my list of reads. I'm open to suggestions! By the way, just out of curiosity, how did you find my site?
Brian

Anonymous said...

Dear Brian,

I found your site when I was looking up stuff about Inkdeath. I have read Inkheart in fifth grade and read it again last week so I can refresh my memory for when I read Inkspell this summer. I read your blog and found it interesting(probably 'cuz I love to read) so I decided to comment. And,well,that's how I found your blog.

Does that answer your question?

-FlockFan97724

Brian said...

Yes, that answers my question. Thanks! I was just wondering.