Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ranger's Apprentice: Part 1

I have just begun reading Ranger's Apprentice: The Ruins of Gorlan.(I'm almost done!) So far it's very good. It is the story about an orphan boy, Will, who is worried that when it comes time for him to be made an apprentice in a craft, no one will want him as an apprentice. However, he is made the apprentice of Halt, the Ranger who ended the evil Morgarath's war 15 years before. However, Morgarath is gathering his Wargal (completely copying Eragon) hordes and is preparing to attack the kingdom, so Will and Halt must be ready to fight back, and to stop Morgarath's new monster, the dreadful Kalkara. So far, this has been an amazing book. Not only does it have that sort of air of destiny around Will, but it shows the aspects of Will's life. So far, it is an amazing story. I'm not even done yet and I can't wait to read the next book.

2 comments:

J Scott Savage said...

I loved Ranger's Apprentice almost as much as my 10 year-old son. Great concept and very good execution. I thought it slowed a little toward the middle of the book. But overall I'd rate it an 8+.

Brian said...

I just finished it yesterday and started book 2. You're right, it was a great concept! I haven't gotten very far into book 2 yet though. I think it will be just as good though. I heard that the 4th or 5th just came out too.