Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Survival Flight: Chapter 3: The Ground Below

As we set down the very dirty mattress that we had dragged from home to the cliff, and began to climb back up to the cliff, I took a deep breath and said, "Jacob, your not jumping before me. If you fall and don't survive, well..."
"Well if I'm not jumping, niether are you. Whatever happens to you would also happen to me."
"No! If I die jumping off of this cliff, than at least I will have had a reason for doing it. If you jumped and didn't survive, you would have died for no reason."
Jacob gave me a funny look and said, "I would have died to stop you from dieing."
"Well, I won't let you!" I yelled as I ran torward the edge of the cliff. I always was faster than he was.
Just as I jumped, and my feet left the ground, with my eyes closed, I heard Jacob yell, "Noooooooooooo!!!"

I felt myself drop like a stone toward the foot of the cliff, that same amazing sensation taking over me, although this time it was not quelled by fear, but then, I felt like my drop was slowed and a new sensation took over me. Then, I felt like my drop had stopped entirely, as if I was moving in a different direction. And then...I opened my eyes and saw the ground below.

To Be Continued...

No comments: