Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Key to Reading Two Books at Once: Part 2


To get some stuff out of the way, I went to see Prince Caspian last weekend, and it was pretty good. It had a lot more action than the first, but it wasn't quite better. It was a little rushed. My Grandma has gone back to Chicago and my brother and Dad are back. I just finished my Culture Projects rough draft this morning. (I had to miss the bus to do it, too.) I have a four day weekend and I deserve it after such a long (or short) week. That just about all going on with my life.

Right now, I am reading two books at once, and once again, I am reading one more than the other. I am reading Fablehaven by Brandon Mull and The Alchemyst by Micheal Scott. I think that I am reading Fablehaven more than The Alchemyst because of two reasons. For one, I started it a few days before The Alchemyst. Two, although this kind of relates to one, I am far into Fablehaven and not very far into The Alchemyst. I am, therefore, more excited to see what happens in Fablehaven. So, another tip for people trying to read two books at once, try to start at the same time and to keep a steady pace, switching of every chapter or two, or something like that. So far, I'd highly recommend Fablehaven, but I can't yet say the same with The Alchemyst, considering I'm only in chapter 2.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Have you ever tried to read like fifteen at once? I have...I'm not sure if it was that many, but WHEW!

I did a that for a while in February...I had book schedules for reading and everything. I didn't keep it up. Not that I didn't like it, but I didn't really have time for anything else, and I like to allow myself time to do other things, and anyway, it kind of overwhelms you to build up such huge goals like that.

Right now, I'm reading several, but I haven't been reading in more than two a day. In the morning I read a bit in the non-fiction, and the rest of the day the fiction. :)

I've just started Saint, by Ted Dekker....good stuff!