Thursday, November 13, 2008

National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)


This month is National Novel Writing Month! I found out about it yesterday and decided that this would be a good chance to get to work on a story I'm writing. If you go to the website, you can sign up for the NaNoWriMo challenge. The goal for the month on the site is to have written a 50,000 word novel by November 30. My goal, however, is 10,000 words by the end of the month. Right now, I've got a good start. I'm at 2,856 words. I think I'll be able to reach my goal, especially considering I started yesterday. I'd already had about 1000 words of it done before November, but I've gotten almost 2000 words in the past two days, so I think I can make it. If you want to find out more about my story, go to My Page on the site

5 comments:

J.N. Future Author said...

intriguing....i wonder if i....nah ^.^

Anna said...

omg, i FORGOT!!!

I just checked out the website, and I think I could totally do that. What I'm thinking is I'll try my own word goals until next November. Maybe I can reach 50,000 words by the end of the month anyway. And then, next year, I can actually join! I don't think I should try to. NaNoWriMo is cool, huh? I knew about it last year, I just completely forgot about it this year! Man, BUMMER!

Anna said...

I mean I think I should try to. I don't know why the word 'don't' is in there.

Q said...

Oh, come on, you can do more than 10,000!

Magenta said...

Hey, I've heard of NaNoWriMo this year too! I guess I'll have to do it next year though.