Thursday, March 12, 2009

Invite-Only Private Fencing Program..... I WAS INVITED!!!!

This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was at my fencing class tonight (I missed last week because I as sick, so tonight was my first night in the intermediate class) and the instructor asked to talk to my dad. I went and got him, and the coach told us that he was reccomending us for an invite-only fencing program at the Sammamish Plateau nearby. He said that I had a lot of potential as a fencer and wanted to give me some private lessons to see if I should permanantly join!!!! This is the kind of program that gets people scholarships, and even into the Olympics!!! This is so cool!!! I'll tell you more when I know more!

6 comments:

Q said...

That is awesome! Keep working hard!

Magenta said...

That's such great news. "A lot of potential as a fencer... kind of program that gets people scholarships, and even into the Olympics!" By the sound of things, you are sooo on your way, man.

I'm still jealous that you know how to fence and I don't. Oh well.

J.N. Future Author said...

omg! that is so so so so cool!

you must be pretty darn good!

Brian said...

Thanks. The funny thing is, I haven't been fencing for very long. And I missed last week, and there wasn't fencing the week before. This was only my 7th lesson.

Q said...

I would expect your teacher to be able to recognize talent. You'll have to keep working at it to be good, but having talent will help you get there.

simpleangel said...

Great opportunity! Keep it up.